Welcome to our school & website!
Happy - United - Inspired
Shenley school - fostering an inclusive, high quality, engaging learning journey, where success is celebrated and children are valued.
Thank you for visiting our school website; we are very proud of the community feel in our village school. Threaded throughout our school, you will find a strong sense of mutual respect and tolerance for the differences we have, with each class having an agreed Code of Conduct which drives our high expectations of behaviour from all our pupils.
Shenley Primary School is a friendly village school with approximately 190 children on roll, between the ages of 3 and 11 years. The vibrant Nursery and foundation stage unit ensures that all the children get off to a really good start to their learning. Please feel free to arrange a visit to see the school in action by contacting the school office.
Each class, from Years 1 to Year 6, democratically elects a class representative to the Shenley School Council. These pupils have an extremely important role as they represent the class views on important decisions which affect our pupils. We have also been fortunate to welcome our local M.P. Oliver Dowden, to meet with our School Council in recent years, as well the children having visited the Houses of Parliament as part of their role.
Our Vision for Shenley Primary School
- Children are eager to succeed.
- Characters are built and children collect lasting experiences.
- Children are valued, feel safe, are nurtured and happy.
- Everyone strives to be a productive citizen of the school and wider community.
- Children are encouraged to be active and healthy.
Our Aim for Shenley Primary School
- Be resilient, independent, confident and willing to take educated risks.
- Celebrate diversity and acceptance of others.
- Aim for outstanding achievements.
- Apply positive community values.
- Develop a knowledge rich, challenging and inspiring curriculum.
- Promote a positive climate where good friendships and supportive relationships grow.
- Be a highly dedicated and committed professional team.
You will feel you are held at the heart of a strong school community when you come to Shenley Primary School. Our children are Happy, United and Inspired, and you will hopefully feel the same way too.
With kind regards,
Mrs Rachel Amos