Welcome to our School & our very new website!
Happy - United - Inspired
Thank you for visiting our school website; we are very proud of the community feel in our village school. Threaded throughout our school, you will find a strong sense of mutual respect and tolerance for the differences we have, with each class having an agreed Code of Conduct which drives our high expectations of behaviour from all our pupils.
Shenley Primary School is a mixed ability village school with approximately 214 children on roll, between the ages of 3 and 11 years. We historically admit 45 children to each year group, but we are currently in the process of transitioning to a one-form entry primary school from September 2020. Every class has its own fully qualified teacher, supported by a trained teaching assistant.
Each class, from Years 1 to Year 6, democratically elects a class representative to the Shenley School Parliament. These pupils have an extremely important role as they represent the class views on important decisions which affect our pupils. We have also been fortunate to welcome our local M.P. Oliver Dowden, to meet with our School Parliament for the last two years, as well the children having visited the Houses of Parliament as part of their role. Other positions of responsibilities within the school include Year 6 prefects, peer mediators and playground buddies.
Our Vision for Shenley Primary School
- Children are eager to succeed.
- Characters are built and children collect lasting experiences.
- Children are valued, feel safe, are nurtured and happy.
- Everyone strives to be a productive citizen of the school and wider community.
- Children are encouraged to be active and healthy.
Our Aim for Shenley primary school
- Be resilient, independent, confident and willing to take educated risks.
- Celebrate diversity and acceptance of others.
- Aim for outstanding achievements.
- Apply positive community values.
- Develop a rich, challenging and creative curriculum.
- Promote a positive climate where good friendships and supportive relationships grow.
- Be a highly dedicated and committed professional team.
You will feel you are held at the heart of a strong school community when you come to Shenley Primary School. Our children are Happy, United and Inspired, and you will hopefully feel the same way too.
With kind regards,
Miss Kate Fiddler