Year 6 Blog
Dear York Class,
Another week done and you all have been working extremely hard! I am blown away, by the work you guys are doing and the outcomes! Despite everything, you guys are still pulling it out the bag – so well done!
Here are some pictures of the work and masterpieces you guys have been creating this week:
Now, it would be the Easter holidays so make sure you are still reading daily but here is an Easter Challenge:
- To design and play an Easter-themed board game as a family.
- To decorate a hard boiled egg, similar to how we did the design a potato competition (we are aware that they may be in short supply so please remember to eat them afterwards, don’t let them go to waste!).
- To design a ‘vehicle’ which can transport a hard boiled egg from one side of a room to another.
Enjoy Easter and eat lots of chocolate – be safe and I will speak to you soon!
Miss Suckling and Mrs Winsor
Welcome to our first blog post! Today, you were all set a challenge to pick two of these six things:
- Write a letter to Mrs Winsor and I to share with us what you are grateful for and the first thing you want to do when this ‘time’ is all over.
- Go outside and create a new PE game for us to try when we get back to school!
- Plan a meal fit for a Viking
- Go for a walk and draw something that catches your eye
- Do some cooking/baking
- Watch a film and write a review
Mrs Winsor and I also picked two of these things to complete here they are:
I wanted to also share with you some of the things that you have all sent to me as well
Henry has made his own lamp, Charlie has written is own story, Max has designed his own robot, Ben has completed some Maths work, Amy has drawn something she saw on a walk and written a short story, Melos has cooked a pizza and done some drawing, Henry also made his own PE times-tables games and made a cheesecake, Reece drew some flowers and Ben drew a husky dog.
Both myself and Mrs Winsor miss you all very much! We cannot wait to get back to school to see you again and play a game of whole class Kubbs! I know right now everything is very uncertain but regardless of where we are teaching from, we are still here for you (you aren’t getting rid of us that easy!) Please stay safe and make sure that you look after your mental health too!
Don’t forget- if you need us please email us anytime!
See you soon!
Miss Suckling and Mrs Winsor!