Book Week and World Book Day
This week is Book Week, with World Book Day on Thursday 4th March. We have lots of exciting events planned to celebrate, that you can take part in at home.
Book at Bedtime
This will be held virtually this year, links will be sent out. You will be able to choose a story to listen to live on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Dress a Potato Competition
Dress a potato as a book character! Please send a photo of your potato to
by Wednesday 3rd March. The winner will be announced on Friday 5th March.
Create a voice recording or video advert for your favourite book. Send it to me
by Wednesday 3rd March and a winner will be chosen and announced on Friday 5th March.
Dress Up Day
On World Book Day (Thursday 4th March) we would like you to still dress up at home. This year, our theme is 'words'-see the picture below for ideas.
We will be holding a virtual assembly so that you can show us your costume!
World Book Day Activities
Have a look at the World Book Day website. There are lots of activities, resources and videos as well as live events during the week.
- Download your £1 book token below, which can be exchanged for one of the World Book Day exclusive, new £1 books (see the full line-up at worldbookday.com/books/) OR for getting £1 off any book or audiobook costing £2.99 or more in participating bookshops and supermarkets.
- The book token is valid from Thursday 18 February – Sunday 28 March 2021. Participating booksellers will honour the tokens beyond the 28 March while stocks last. Please contact your local bookseller to check if they are able to offer £1 off other titles.
- The book token can ONLY be used in participating bookshops (find your nearest at booksellers.org.uk/wbd)
- The book token can be printed out and taken to your local bookseller. Booksellers such as Sainsbury’s and Asda are unable to accept the voucher on a phone or tablet screen. For all other booksellers, please check before you visit.
- The digital £1 book token cannot be redeemed online.
- The digital £1 book token is intended for SINGLE-USE ONLY.