You will need:
Mixing spoon – but hands are much more fun!
3 cups of flour
3 cups of cornflour
1. Using a large bowl, add 3 cups of flour
2. Add 3 cups of cornflour
3. Mix together
4. Gradually add sunflower oil and mix
5. As you mix the mixture it will slowly come together
6. When you’re able to make small balls of ‘snow’ it is ready
7. This can be stored for up to a week in an airtight container
Snowy small world play
Spread your ‘snow’ onto a tray or area
Using animals that live in the snow or other characters, begin playing
ADULT: you do not have to supervise this activity, however if you want to join your child playing with it you could extend by writing down their story on a large sheet of paper or taking
Who says writing has to be putting pen to paper?
You can explore mark-making with our ‘snow’:
Using your finger / a lolly stick, move it around in the ‘snow’. Can you make a zig-zag/wiggly/straight line?
Using a variety of items found around the house explore what marks they make
ADULT: Can you guess what made the marks?
This can be extended to writing names, letters, numbers