Week 3 - 20th January 2020
This week we had a continued focus on Addition and developed our understanding of how to regroup tens and ones when adding three digit numbers.
As part of our exploration of Fables , which is linked to our theme about Ancient Greeks, we explored what a fable is and we made posters about their characteristics.
What have we done so far ?
- Read the story and discussed the characters and the plot.
- Written detailed description of the Fat Rich King and discussed his personality and motivation for his actions.
- Written an equally detailed description of the Lion King and compared and contrasted him to the Fat Rich King.
- Created our own lands from food pictorially and we described our creations.
- Written a diary entry using the persona of the Fat Rich King and describing his first dramatic encounter with the Lion King.
- Described the battle scene between the two armies , a.k.a. the 'Food Fight' scene. We had a particular focus on using prepositions during this activity.
We have continued our investigations about the Ancient Greeks and have focused on the Ancient Greet army and their weapons. We also learned about the Athenians
and Spartans . We were very surprised by the difference in these city states and how their cultures were in such contrast to each other.
We had a very exciting time on Monday making our clay pots! We had designed them after looking at pictures of Ancient Greek pots.