Reading, Handwriting and Spelling
This week, listen to Miss Burton Reading 'Barry, The Fish With Fingers'
Barry the fish with fingers.mp3
- Puffy, the puffer fish, blows bubbles. Think of different words to describe bubbles. You might try blowing bubbles to help you think of some new vocabulary.
- 'Barry was no ordinary fish'. What does 'ordinary' mean?
- Barry is described as 'amazing' in the story. Write a story about another amazing creature.
- Use finger puppets to tell a story that Barry might perform to his friends.
- Can you write a new adventure for Barry and his friends?
This week I would like you to focus on your curly caterpillar family! PLEASE use lined paper for this. You can see my patterns below and the letters to practise. We're going to start with the letters 'c' 'a' 'd' and 'o'.
Year 1 - 'aw' and 'au' sounds
Year 2 - Contractions