This week our spelling rule is another tricky one. Often when we hear the sound 'or' and it comes after the letter 'w' then it is spelt with 'ar'. Have a look at the spelling words below to see.
How many can you get correct on day 1? Can you improve your score by the end of the week?
Can you explain to an adult what the rule is?
Can you complete the quiz/game below?
Below is a clip of me reading the second chapter of 'The Iron Man'. There are pictures of the book and also questions, with the page numbers next to them. You can verbally record your answers or write them.
1. Find and copy the word that means to look at something steadily for a long time. (P.20 - gazing)
2. ‘Hogarth’s mother grew pale’ – How was Hogarth’s mother feeling? (P.12)
3. What do you think the green lights were? (P.12)
4.Why had Hogarth been an unsuccessful fisherman that evening? (P.11)
1.What had caused the Iron Man’s eyes to turn red? (P.22)
2.‘So there lay a beautiful deep trap.’ – Why Has the author chosen the word beautiful to describe the trap? (P.19)
3. How did the farmers feel once they knew the Iron Man has vanished into the sea? (P.16)
4.Look at the bottom of page 17. Why do you think the farmers had gathered with great excitement? (P.17)
1.Why was Hogarth feeling guilty? (P.24)
2.Why did the farmers approach the hole carefully? What did they expect to see? (P.17)
3.Why did the farmers have to dig a ‘colossal’ hole? What did they want to use it for? (P.16)
4. What caused Hogarth to ‘stop breathing.’ (P.20)
In 3-4 bullets points explain the farmers’ plan to trap for the Iron Man.