Wellbeing - Mental Health Week
This week is Mental Health Week and the three themes we will be looking at are:
Have a look below at some of the activities you can do at home!
Remember that this Wednesday is 'Inside Out' Day where we will all be wearing our T-shirts inside out.
LI: To learn what the word ‘gratitude’ means and discover different ways we can be thankful.
Have a watch of this video featuring Bow-Wowza dogs! Introducing the idea of gratitude and what it means to be thankful.
- What does gratitude mean?
- Do you remember what the dogs were grateful/thankful for?
- What sorts of things are you grateful/thankful for (including big, constant things like family, nature etc, but also small daily things like a yummy lunch, someone being kind etc)?
- How can we show others our gratitude? How can we show that we are thankful for something?
- Write a thank you letter expressing to someone why you are grateful for them.
- Daily journal - this can be printed out as many times as you like. Each day find 3 things you are grateful for.
- Create a gratitude box
• What different ways can we think of to be kind to others?
• How do we feel when someone is kind to us?
• How do we feel when we have done something kind for someone else?
On Wednesday, you will be wearing something inside out. This reminds us that we can’t always see what someone feels on the inside so we must always be kind. On your t-shirt worksheets, we are going to draw feelings. You can choose as many feelings as you want. This can look like anything you want. Only you need to know which feelings you have drawn.
On the label of the t-shirt, write a way in which you can be kind to others.
Have you ever tried and failed at something? For example, in school the first time you tried to spell something or do your 2 times tables? How did it feel when you couldn't do it? Did you keep trying and bounce back to keep going until you could? This is resilience. It is SO important to be resilient in everything you do. If you can't do something the first time, it's important not to give up until you can do it!
Think and write about a time when you tried something but couldn't do it the first time. How did it feel? Why did you keep trying? How did you feel when you could then do it?